Friday, November 16, 2012

Odd Knutsen Luna Chairs

Here's a pair of stellar Scandinavian designed Luna chairs by Odd Knutsen* or Knudsen (I've seen it spelled both ways) and produced by Hjellegjarde Mobler of Norway in the late 70s to 80s as an import to California. These are extremely durable, having weathered several decades of kids, dogs and frequent seating in a gaming room. The leather seats are soft and virtually blemish free. The wood frames are completely intact. They do show some paint loss wear. All hardware is intact. They can hold a very big man and when you sit in one, you don't want to get back up they are so comfortable. If you have been reading my blogs at all, you will see that I am all about the very unique, no matter the age. These definitely rock! *See blog comment about spelling.

2 comments:

  1. The name is spelled Odd Knutsen. He is my friend and he is living in Gjengstø, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway.:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will change the blog to reflect the true spelling. And your friend is a wonderful designer. I did sell these chairs to a woman who absolutely loves them.

    ReplyDelete